- UHV chamber with a scanning probe microscope Omicron VT AFM XA 50/500, allowing the study of the surface structure with atomic resolution in a wide temperature range;
- UHV chamber for sample preparation with equipment for thin film deposition and control their parameters by methods of LEED and Auger spectroscopy.
Advantages of module of scanning tunneling and atomic force microscopy:
- Scanning of the surface of samples with atomic resolution in ultrahigh vacuum (1-2 • 10-10 mbar) conditions,
- Scanning of the sample at temperatures range from 50 to 500 K,
- Modes of a scanning tunneling microscope and atomic force microscope (contact and noncontact modes),
- Possibility of deposition of substances on surface of the sample during the experiment when sample is on the microscope stage
- The possibility of preparing W tips "in situ" by electron bombardment,
- Sample synthesys by "in situ" methods of local molecular and atomic epitaxy with control of layer thickness with a precision up to parts of a monolayer, of atomic layer deposition and chemical assembly.
Production year: 2012
Link to manufacturer site Omicron NanoTechnology GmbH